6.04.2010

Na, Na, Nautical Decor


I used to shy away from nautical style decor because it was a bit too "Nantucket preppy" for me. I've stumbled across a number of inspiring photos and decor items that have caused me to change my tune. Nautical decor isn't just for beach houses and theme rooms, furthermore it doesn't have to be confined to the summer months. I present you with a number of vintage, new, handmade and vintage inspired pieces that will have you shouting "anchors aweigh!" to under the sea looks.

Nautical Dreams Handfelted Pillow by Etsy seller thescouthouse, $55

Beautiful, vintage style sea glass kitchen. source

Set Sail Note Cards (set of 8) by Etsy seller alishagould, $12

Vintage The First Book of the Ocean from Etsy seller ricracandbuttons, $16


I think this would be fairly easy to make. How cute! source

Earrings for Declaring Your Independence by Etsy seller lkfarnsworth, $20

International Boat Code Print by Etsy seller bexpert, $15

Love how subtle the nautical touches are in this kitchen. source

Octupus chair, find the fabric here.

Awning Stripe Ready Made Curtains from Laura Ashley

Double Torsade Necklace in Coral from Anthropologie, $28

 
Nautical map wallpaper source.

Cage Hanging Pendant Lantern by Etsy seller mostazaseed, $28

Josef Frank Navigare Fabric source

 
Vintage Boating Lamp from Etsy seller paddyridge, $18.95

A sweet bed made of shipping pallets and graphic duvet.
Check out the DIY article at Ready Made.

 
Ship chandelier in apartment styled by designer Lili Diallo.

Nautical Cotton Bar Towels by Etsy seller branchhandmade, $12

Unique Vintage Scuba Diving Helmet Ice Bucket from Etsy seller luxbetty, $45.95

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, great post! WANT the pillow, the boat lantern, the octopus chair, and that cool duvet. Because my dad built sailboats when I was young, I saw my fair share of nautical decor. A friend of Dad's had sailboat blueprint wallpaper similar to the wall behind the rope mirror, and I always loved it. Seems silly for me to try a nautical themed room where I live, but one day when I have my little house in a seaside village, it will be so much fun to decorate :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That necklace is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's for featuring my pillow stephanie! loved checking out your blog and etsy shop. you're a talented gal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails