5.09.2013

Family, Flowers and Fun


This weekend Nick's parents were in town and what a fun weekend it was. They spent lots of time playing with Collin and helping us with projects! I think Nick and I had hit a wall, so to speak, when it came to knowing what to tackle next on our endlessly long list of projects. Well, these folks are the most hard-working pair I know and boy did they just roll up their sleeves and make it happen with us. We are thankful!

One area, just one- haha, I have no expertise in is gardening. To be honest,  I've been afraid to tackle the overgrown jungle that is our yard, flower beds, courtyard, etc. Luckily for us, my mother-law is a gardener extraordinaire! I feel like I took a crash course this weekend. She can identify just about any annual, perennial or tree known to mankind and has such a gift for knowing where to place them so the landscaping looks nice in both summer and winter. I have to say, I've got the bug now! It's really fun!

So, Nick and Dad hammered out a bunch of projects while we spruced up the courtyard and front of the house. There is still a lot to do, garden-wise, but having someone who knows what they are doing helping me map out a plan, especially for the perennials, really gave me hope that we can make this happen!




The back of the truck after one of our nursery/Home Depot runs!


Collin just loved all the Grandma and Grandpa hugs and kisses and we enjoyed two extra sets of hands helping us give him baths, put him to bed, change his diapers and overall keeping him entertained!




How cute is this little play kitchen they bought him!? He is in love with it!
A highlight to the weekend was the chance to go out on a date with this handsome fella! We checked out a fun little Italian place downtown and when we came home, found our whole house vacuumed, kitchen cleaned and all my leftover tomatoes boiled, peeled and frozen for future cooking. Thank you!!! This weekend was truly a treat!

2 comments:

  1. That pretty much sounds like the perfect weekend! I used to feel that way about our yard when we first got our house too! I've really learned to love it. Even after being in our home for 5 years we're still changing things and doing more! Its a process and new one every spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, it's good to hear newbies like me can have success and become true green thumbs!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails