4.24.2014

Vintage Inspired Children's Style


When I lived in Spain, one of my favorite pastimes was to sit on a park bench and watch Spanish mamas take their kids out after siesta. There is a certain subculture in Spain, mainly the upper/more tradition rooted class or commonly known as pijos (preppy people), that still dress their children to the nines for everyday activities. From knee high socks and knickers to cute, 50's style baby doll dresses and tailored pea coats when it's the slitest bit cool out. Here are a few examples of what I'm talking about:




While I love this idea, I realize it's not entirely practical and know that a boy who doesn't get to wear long pants until he's ten would not fair well in the American school system. That being said, I think there is something timeless and sweet to these outfits and think vintage inspired fashions can be infused into more modern-playground friendly clothing for your littles. So, I've come up with a few vintage-inspired wardrobe options for your kiddos this summer. I look forward to creating inspiration boards for the rest of the seasons as well!


1//2//3//4//5//6//7//8//9//10


1//2//3//4//5//6//7//8//9//10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails