2.24.2010

Vintage Schoolhouse Rock

Recently I have begun to notice that I am drawn to things that remind me of school. A fresh bouquet of Ticonderoga No. 2  pencils, the color of aged green chalkboards, and the sheen of a nicely waxed floor. I guess I'm just a nostalgic person. Who can resist the industrial and utilitarian charm of this mid-century style?

photo courtesy of Saipua 

One of the first objects I purchased for our apartment when we were living in Midtown was an awesome old school clock that looks a lot like this:


The possibilities are endless! Here are a few shots of vintage schoolhouse inspired rooms:

Consider using an old map to make a window shade! Photo courtesy of Kelly McGuill Home 

 
Photo courtesy of Margot Austin

 
Photo courtesy of Design Sponge

Looking for some items to get started? Here are my picks:

Set of 2 Amazing Vintage School Trays from Etsy seller daseff, $55

Vintage Library Card Catalog Cabinet from Etsy seller amsuarezfl, $299


String these up on a clothesline with clothespins!
1960 Multiplication Flashcards from Etsy seller therelictrail, $9

Industrial Desk Accesories from Restoration Hardware, $15 - $69

Vintage Rand McNally World Globe from Etsy seller mostazaseed (me!), $26

Vintage Class Photo of 1950 from Etsy seller pandabamboos, $3

Vintage Pink School Chair from Etsy seller lookamused, $38

Vintage Beaker from etsy seller five6seven8, $16

Vintage School Bus Roll from Etsy seller economica, $175

So, grab a scantron. It's time to put your vintage school savvy to the test!

2 comments:

  1. vintage school supplies are some of my favorite things in life! great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love that vintage school clock. I've been looking for one for my kitchen. I've never seen it in turquiose those. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails