5.06.2014

Reupholstery Reveal- From Dowdy Tuffet to Chic Ottoman

Remember this fun little thrift store find?


Well, it has been completely transformed! The original plan was to reupholster it myself with fabric, but after seeing Collin smash graham crackers into the button holes and smush his runny nose into it a time or two, I decided a wipeaple fabric would be best. 

I knew my lack of upholstery skill was no match for vinyl, so I called up a guy whom my friend recommended. He works at an upholstery shop, but also does jobs on the side from home. His pricing was very reasonable and the cost for two yards of marine vinyl was minimal.



I am so happy with the results! The next upholstery project will be one of the two current living room chairs. Still looking for reasonable, utility grade velvet for the chair pictured. Stay tuned!

P.S. If you'd like to see more current shots of our home's interior along with some interior design tips, I recently did an interview over at aannagreer.com, you can check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails